Saturday, January 12, 2008

What a craptacular day!

Ugh! Today was just an awful day.
Three days ago, I decided to quit smoking (yay for me!) and went on the patch. The patch works great, however, one side effect is that it has made me an insomniac. Last night, I was awake until 3am! This would have been fine if I didn't have to be up at 8:30a to go to work this morning. I hit the snooze about 47 times this morning, and finally rolled over to see that it was 9:47a!!! I have to be to work at 10a! So, I scrambled out of bed, brushed my teeth, skipped the shower and got to work at 10:20a...yikes! The day went my miserably slow and I felt like garbage because I was tired and unshowered. On top of that, I woke up with some kind of weird cough. I never coughed when I smoked, now I have a non-smoker's cough?
What's up with that?
I came home and remembered that Mike had agreed to dog sit a friend's chihuahua (the dog is kind of finicky and high maintenance - unlike my 65# monster who is content to sleep on the bed and drink out of the toilet) so I walked in the door and this little yapper-type dog was just barking it up. This came as a shock because we have a boxer and he only barks when delivery guys come to the door. I was in no mood to cook dinner, so Mike and I ordered in and I retreated to the computer to file my taxes...because what better way to spend a crappy Friday night than to file your taxes? You know me...PARTAY! I finished my taxes and felt better because I am getting money back : )
That made me happy, and so I decided to crochet with that cotton yarn I posted a pic of in the last post (by the way, I found the label - it is Mission Falls 1824 Cotton, color # 204 - Lentil) I absolutely love the color, kind of a washed out gold with a neat texture. If you aren't already familiar with Mission Falls - here is a link to their site http://www.missionfalls.com/ . I made a hot pad/ dish cloth - kind of a kitchen multi-tasker.

I'm digging it, my first time doing shells!

This is the first hat that I made for myself (on the same day my mom showed me how to make doubles and triples)
It is made of almost one whole skein of Patons Shetland Chunky Tweeds in Oxford Grey Tweeds colorway.
(It's modeled on "Kyle" from my sister, Stacey's, salon - I always knew those creepy mannequin heads had a purpose!)



And, last but not least, the ripple baby blanket (actually, it's more zig-zaggy) for my Canadian friend, Azure's, baby boy who is due on Valentine's Day!
It's made with Yarn Bee brand "Little Britches" yarn in "Teddybear" colorway - which is 85% acrylic & 15% polyamide & super soft. It will have bands of 3 other colors from the same line
I just realize that it's only a month away! I'd better get cracking!
The good news is, we are knee deep in wrestling season, which means a lot of down time between matches=many rows get crocheted!
I went to a meet a few weeks ago for my nephew, Rooster, and my sister, Cheri, picked up a crochet hook and started crocheting (she has never been a "Crocheter" although all us girls know how - luckily, I always have a project or two with me - I'm not afraid to crochet in public!) and her rows were BEAUTIFUL!
AND! The fantastic end to a crappy day....
I got a blog comment from MARLY!!!
Now, I have a finished dish thingie, and a comment from my favorite pod caster!!
I guess this day wasn't so bad, after all : )
I should get to bed, tomorrow is a wrestling meet and I have a baby blankie to get done!
Wish the RBCHS Rockets & Jordan Blanton luck!
***I found which kind of yarn the other ball is: it's Knit One, Crochet Too! PJ's - Polar fleece ribbon #719 - lollipop

No comments: