Monday, February 4, 2008

Ideas! Yarn!

Well, I decided that I love designing patterns for dishcloths. I have graphed some out by hand and using www.microrevolt.org, which generates graphs from pictures that you upload. I have several patterns graphed out and I just need to write the instructions. While designing these, I realized that I had some cotton, but not all the cotton. This generated a visit to Hobby Lobby and Wal Mart. I got some basic colors and some neat greens and blues. I am in love with the color combo of chocolate brown and aqua - My bedroom has those colors, 2 whole walls are chocolate brown, so I bought some cotton in those colors. To my dismay, my yarn stash is overflowing so I had to reorganize it to fit my new cotton. We have a coffee table that is actually a cedar lined trunk with a lid that lifts up..


We call it Narnia, and previously, that's where we hid Quint's squeaky toys when he gets too annoying with them (is that mean?) He knows they're in there, too. He smooshes his face to the opening and sniffs really hard.
(Seeing the picture online reminds me of how much I love our coffee/ end table set ::smile::)

Also, I found a cheap acrylic yarn at Hobby Lobby that is way softer than Red Heart Super Saver (and cheaper) and less shiny/ slippery than Caron Super Soft. It's called "I Love This Yarn" (of course!)
I would like to make some of my dishcloth patterns out of this yarn and make a blanket out of it, because it is so soft and nice to knit/ crochet with. (That's a tall order, though...I haven't picked up the Baby Turtle blanket in weeks...)
I made myself an "ABSOLUTELY MUST DO!" list today for the projects I've been putting off, since time is really running out. You can see it to the right (if you'd like).

Well, off to get dinner started!
Happy Fibering (?)
Jenn

No comments: