Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Back to the salt mines...

Well, I've officially made it through my second day back to work!!!
It's the first time in a long time that I've actually been excited to go to work.
Upon completion of my training, I will be doing inbound call center for a benefits administration company. The commute is only about 3 minutes from where I used to work, and I will be working with people I already know from my circle o' friends, so that's exciting!
The pay is the same as what I used to make.
Oddly enough, I will be working in the same town, doing the same job (call center) for the same $.
Easy Peasy, Lemon-Squeezy!
I'm exhausted from the change in my sleeping patterns, I'm trying to overcome my nocturnal leanings. On Sunday night, I went to bed at 10pm - and I never fell asleep. So I just went to my first day of work looking like I was coming down from crack or something. All jittery and chatty (and for those of you who know me, I'm already chatty!) I got home, ate dinner at fell asleep at 7pm - then I woke up, all bright eyed and bushy tailed - at 3 AM! I tried to fall back asleep, but finally relented and cleaned the kitchen, made coffee, made breakfast, surfed Ravelry and at 6am I got in the shower. Needless to say, by 2 pm today, I was fading.
This week, I am working on getting my internal clock back to normal, working person hours - so I may not post too much - but bear with me - the funny will be back, I assure you.

Happy Whatever-ing!
Jenn

1 comment:

Jay said...

i was wondering how it was going...
you know, it's funny you mention crack. when i did my training at that unmentionable place, a crack head (or maybe that should be "a person of crack experience") was in my training group. i had no idea what was up with her until another co-group member told me she was trying to come down from crack. i guess that's why she would slam half n half cartons during break time.