Sunday, March 2, 2008

Happy Sunday!

Howdy!
Well, I made it through my first week back to work unscathed. I eventually had to break down and take a sleeping pill to help me get back on a "sleep at night/awake during the day" schedule.
I have been working on my first itty bitty sock for the last 2 weeks, I finally decided last night (this morning?) to Kitchener stitch the toe and get it off my needles. I had been dying to do a sock (all the sock hype on Ravelry helped!) but I didn't have actual sock yarn, or DPNs small enough so I improvised. *Note to anyone who would like to buy me a present for my birthday...April 5...I'll be 29, so it's my last b-day in my twenties...Sock yarn and DPNs (double pointed needles) in size 1 & 2 would be perfection...you can see my wishlist on the Loopy Ewe.
And also here, at Lisa Souza
in the following colorways (it's called Sock! Merino yarn)
Pacific
Printemps
Emerald City
LimeNViolet
Spumoni
Little Devil

And, if you *REALLY LOVE ME*, you can take a peek at Blue Moon Fiber Arts:
(Socks That Rock, lightweight)
Watermelon Tourmaline
Pebble Beach
Philosopher's Stone
Lunasea
Froggin'
Fire on the Mountain
Lucy

OK, my blog post was sadly turned into a shameless wish for sock yarn...I'm done now...
One last thing - should you gift me sock yarn, you never know, you might get that yarn back! It will, however, be fashioned into cute socks : )
If I were you, I'd buy me a colorway in a color I liked...because, you never know...


Alright!
Baby Turtle was born this past week, and yet his blankie is still not finished...So, I believe that will be back on the hook this week.

Rooster placed 1st at Sectionals!
WOOT! He is on his way to state to dominate the wrestling mat for the last time as an IKWF wrestler! GO ROOSTER!!!!
I am so proud of him!


Have a great week, everyone!
Love, Jenn


PS - look at this handsome guy!

No comments: