Monday, February 21, 2011

"It tastes burny..."

*What I am working on -



Your Princess Is In Another Castle...still on the needles, 8 squares down only 28 more to go!



Jaywalkers for everyone!

I found a suitable pattern for Kosta! I am knitting a pair of Jaywalkers in Cascade Fixation, with some mods to accomodate thicker yarn (CO 60 sts, size 3 DPNs)

I am 3/4 through the first sock, and working on size 3 DPNs is going really quick!

I am also knitting a pair for myself in Paton's Stretch Sock in Plum, on size 2 DPNs.

Huzzah for Stashbusting!





*Finished Objects -



Not a very productive week, I found a ball of I Love This Cotton in Tuscany that I thought I lost and cast on a Bring Me Home Hat as I add to my baby hope chest.

I also completed a Mitered Scrubby Dishcloth, which knit up kinda small. It was OK, the yarn itself is pretty soft & floppy - not much structure and it doesn't hold it's shape.



*Rambly Ramblington -

The weather in northern Illinois can't seem to make up it's mind. Last week it was in the 50's and today, we have freezing rain that is making everyone do this:




Which, while very very funny is also very, very painful. (Sorry you fell, John)

I have decided that I am scared of Cookie A's book "Sock Innovation", it has become quite clear that I am not nearly as proficient in sock knitting as I thought I was. Another reason is that I don't like reading charts. I like words. I am remedial, clearly.

I also discovered that I love beets. Sliced beets, shredded beets and especially pickled beets. I have also found that beets are nature's drano and the end result is purple.

Over the weekend, I tried alcohol infused whipped cream. It was caramel flavored and was unanimously decided that it tastes burny, then like maple syrup.

*Things I am digging -

I have rekindled my love affair with tea, and am currently sipping Stash Lemon Ginger tea - because my tumbly has a rumbly :(

Google Calendars - I can update information, and Kosta can log in and see it! Hooray for organization!

No comments: