Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snowtorious BIG 2011

What I’m Working On:


On the needles this week:

*Bougie Wino - a quick, knitted wine cozy for a dinner @ The HoyFloyds tomorrow night. I used the pattern: Vino Bello by Merin McManus Collins. I am using Red Heart Eco-Ways Bamboo Wool in the Twilight colorway.


-The Red Heart Eco-Ways Bamboo Wool yarn is really smooth and I like the way it knits up, but it seems a little splitty. I find that is common among bamboo yarn. At least in my experience.


*Your Princess Is In Another Castle... - This is a long-term, on going project. Click the link for more details.



Finished Objects:

*Baby socks for a co-worker's baby-to-be - this is the Loopy's Red Sock Kit, modified slightly by going up a needle size to make it a newborn sized sock. I used about 15 grams of leftover Claudia Handpainted sock yarn in the colorway "Sharks!"

The Vino Bello can also be added to the finished object catagory, it was gifted to our gracious hosts last Saturday night.

Rambly-Ramblington:

-I seem to be afflicted with SAD. Or whatever that Seasonal Mood Disorder is. I believe it started last May...

I have been looking online at the Verilux Happylites after dinner/ game night with John & Justin last Saturday. They had one on their counter and I found myself feeling quite tranquil whilst basking in its glow.

(this may have been a direct result of the wine)

I did take a picture of the light, I wonder if I could just stare at the picture and save myself the $80?

-Today at work, they catered in Portillo's. If you are not familiar, it's delicious and I could live on their chopped salad. I had a heaping pile of salad (not the chopped salad, sadly) mostly iceberg and carrot shreds. I am not usually a fan of these types of salad, however, they did provide their famous Portillo's House Dressing. I don't know what it's made of, definitly some kind of magic and lots of calories. The salad had an inordinate amount of red onions. My breath tastes offensive, I can only imagine what it smells like. Sorry, co-workers.

-This past week we had an actual blizzard! Not the one of epic proportions that I was secretly praying for, but one that snowed us in for a day. Snow Days as an adult are significantly less enjoyable. You spend your time worrying about "Will the roof cave in/ blow off from all the snow?" "Why didn't I buy more milk on Sunday?" "Who is going to shovel all this godforsaken snow?". Luckily our power stayed on, I wish I could say so much for Comcast who supplies both our TV & Internet (or as I like say 'Internet...wife, mother, secret lover' ) I was able maintain my sanity, but found that when the cable kicked back in intermittantly, The Shining was on.



Things I’m Digging: My friend Justin's grandmother, Pearl makes the most delicious pickles EVER. We devoured them on Saturday night and my new goal is to make my own homemade pickles.

Tosh.0 - I don't even know how to describe it for those who have never seen it. It's on Comedy Central, I highly recommend adding it to your DVR schedule.

No comments: