Sunday, July 6, 2008

HI! I missed you!

WoW! I have not blogged in months! MONTHS! I have been contentedly knitting socks for the last month or so and successfully finished my first pair!





Yes, they are tiny baby socks.

(is it odd that I inadvertantly photographed my own feet?)




In retrospect, I should have started making socks in that size. They are very "instant gratification" and by the time you are bored of knitting in that yarn, they are done.




I have a new yarn obsession: Cascade Fixation.




It's my favorite fiber, cotton. It has lycra in it, too (or some sort of equivalent stretchy material)




They are low maintenance (y0u won't be schlepping these babies to the dry cleaner, or hand washing in the bathroom sink and hang drying!)

I just honestly love the shit out of that yarn.


On an unrelated topic: It's SUMMER!!!

This is my dad, launching my nephew across the pool. Much fun was had by all : P




I cover myself liberally with SPF 4, which clearly is not the SPF I require.

I don't know why I am smiling in this picture, I won't be truly happy until I brown over in a day or so. On the upside, it makes me look "outdoorsy" which I am not. I did stay outside all day, playing in the pool and enjoying some frosty brews while playing a highly competitive game of bags with my parents...wow...party. HA!

No comments: