Saturday, July 12, 2008

Create Your Own Fiber Fest!

Are you absent minded? Do you not see the writing on the wall? Well, then this is the fest for you!

This morning, I drove to McHenry County College grounds, eagerly anticipating the days adventures while I fondled yarn at the 2nd Annual Midwest Fiber and Folk Art Festival.
I drove around and around...there sure weren't very many cars there...there were no tents.
The sign clearly stated all are welcome to this festival.
I drove around some more. There was no sign of fiber. None at all.
It finally dawned on me: The sign was clearly stated, Midwest Fiber and Folk Art Festival JULY 18, 19 & 20.
Do you know what today's date is? If you said July 12 - you're right!
I'M DUMB!

So, I decided to have my own fiber festival.
I headed over to Prairie Arts & Fiber in Grayslake and self medicated my dumbness.

I made purchases! I got 2 sets of Addi turbo lace circulars (size 3) and the Cat Bordhi "Socks Soar On 2 Circular Needles" which I had also grossly misunderstood - I thought it was a way to make 2 socks at one time...again, I'm dumb...and terribly uncoordinated.
I got some nice Crystal Palace bamboo DPNs - in sock appropriate sizes 0, 1 & 1.5. I am a little worried that I will break them with my ginormous Incredible Hulk hands...hopefully they will hold up.
I got some point protectors to keep my needles from poking thru my purse or thru my flesh.
And what trip to the LYS would be complete without YARN???
I picked up 2 balls (did I just type that?? 'I picked up 2 balls'...lol) of Tofutsies (They have chitin in them! - go google it, I'll wait...) in a variegated blue (and a black/red/pink/white variegate.
I got one ball of Sockina Cotton in a pink/cream/taupe/salmon blend 80175 (why don't these yarns have names for their colorways??)

::sigh:: well, I am off to go start some "Monkeys"...wish me luck!

No comments: