Thursday, June 2, 2011

O hai!


As predicted...no post for 3 months, then 2 in one day...

*What I'm working on...
Your Princess Is In Another Castle...continues, unabated.
I did finish another square, only 27 to go...

*Finished Objects -
These were just dragging, he's a man. He doesn't want neat patterns. He wants plain, old vanilla socks. These were on the needles since we returned from Colorado, and I just couldn't bring myself to finish. They actually sat, with only the toe decreases needing to be done for a month! Then! I found Rachel Olsson's TDTU Vanilla Sock and learned how to do a TOE UP SOCK! WEEEEE!!! I finished the second sock in a day and a half!






*In My Queue -
TOE UP SOCKS!! I am IN LOVE with toe up sock construction! They are so fast! As always, I can never be told what to do, I have to come upon it on my own. Now I know what everyone was talking about when they raved about knitting from the toe up!


*Rambly Ramblington -
So, Colorado was a blast and I swear if we could move there at this very moment, I totally would. I can't speak highly enough about it.
Work has been extremely busy and stressful, I have just been so wound up when I get home at night that I have trouble settling in to knit...and that made me sad.
I found that if I listen to podcasts, I can knit to my hearts content and make good progress.
My schedule changed at work, and I am now working 8a-5p, and wishing that I had a knitting group to go to once a week. No such luck.

*Things I am digging -
Again, podcasts. I finally subscribed to "The Knitmore Girls" and OMG!! I LOVE IT!!
At this moment, I am listening to episode 51.
Hand painted sock yarn...my love for it has been rekindled with two skeins of Claudia Handpainted Fingering sock yarn in "Hawaii".
My swift & ballwinder!!
You know what is a pain in the ass? Ordering sock yarn online, having it arrive in a hank and having to hand wind it into a ball.
Well, now I don't have to! Kosta got me a swift and ballwinder for my birthday!

(fresh off of the ballwinder!)

When we went to Fancy Tiger in Denver, CO - I bought 2 hanks of Lorna's Laces shepherd sock and the woman at the register graciously offered to wind them for me and I quickly replied "NO!" - in retrospect, I should have said that I wanted to do it myself on my new equipment! She probably thought I was a fool that was going to wind it by hand :)


No comments: